St Ursula’s Incident and outbreak control plan
- If a child is showing symptoms the school will contact parents and the child will be sent home as per national guidance
Symptoms include fever >37.8°C and/or new continuous cough (coughing a lot, for more than 1 hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours) and/or a loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Parents/carers of the Child sent home will be advised that they must obtain a test for their child and that the household contacts must isolate until test results are known
Book a test - https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
There is a walk in test centre located at Mayesbrook Park Car Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham RM8 2JR (opposite Illchester Road).
- Those in the same class bubble will not need to be sent home at this point as it is a suspected case
- Parents/carers must notify the school first and then the child may return.
- Parents/carers must notify the school immediately. They must self-isolate/ stay at home for at least 10 days (14 days in total, counting from the first day in isolation) and household members continue to self-isolate in accordance with national guidance.
- Following the Child’s positive test results, the parents / carers of pupils in the Child’s class bubble will be informed and the bubble sent home to self-isolate for 14 days and advised to arrange for a test if they show symptoms (If a whole class bubble has to self-isolate, Google classroom will be used for the 14 days)